Wow it’s been a busy week here, and I’m feeling a little bit like Beansie here. She’s just got cutest little puppy and loves her naps.
You and me both Beansie!
Little Viv is well and truly in the horrible teething stage and has taken to biting me. I’m not kidding, the little cutie has turned into a vampire baby. And I know I did say that I wished she’d stay this little forever and never grow old and that perhaps she could just be a little vampire baby from Twilight, but I’ve change my mind. Little baby teeth are sharp and hurt! Of course this also means we’ve had an interrupted sleep routine, we’ve taken a couple of steps backwards in the progress of eating habits and we’ve had plenty of temper tantrums. Fun times in the #nannylife!
We also welcomed the very first guest blog post by a fellow Sydney based nanny. She shared her thoughts and experiences on life as a nanny and made a few important points of the many different types of nanny’s in today’s modern society. She also shared this little gem which I’m sure had you nodding along all too well, I know it did me, “a spoonful of sugar does NOT make the medicine go down. Instead a spoonful sugar leads to another spoonful. And then soon enough you’re dealing with temper tantrums in the treat aisle of the supermarket”. Additionally, we had the second #nannylife blog party link up and I wrote these two posts about partnering with a Sydney nanny agency to support the nanny community.
And so, as I’m sure you can relate, I’m rather happy to be able to welcome the arrival of the weekend. For me, Saturdays are always a little bit special because it’s the first time all week I’ve let myself wake up without the blaring interruption of an alarm. It’s the little things that count! I know you’re busy this weekend. Perhaps you’ve already frozen your butt off at early morning soccer or perhaps you’ve already been out for your morning 10k run. I know I should have! So here’s a little collection of gems I found around the web this week, summarised to highlight the key points in a neat little list and packaged with a little ray of sunshine.
When you get a spare moment this weekend, grab yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the reading!
- Does she really love me if she’s paid to do this job? A Nanny’s Love – the question that both parents and children ask at least once.
- The busy school week driving you crazy and messing with your free time? Here’s 5 Ways To Simplify The School Week!
- Stuck for lazy Sunday breakfast ideas? This Coconut French Toast Bake by Pinch of Yum is where it’s at!
- Heard about The Nanny Van? Project Nanny Van is currently touring America and aims to educate domestic workers about their rights.
- Are your kids’ artworks beautiful but getting out of control? Don’t know what to do with them? This up-cycled box using children’s artwork could solve your problems.
- Chocolate. Coconut. Vanilla. Yum! This may not be the healthiest school lunch box filler, but how could you say no? Seriously, I couldn’t say no! The secret to the best happiness bars are my fave!
- Looking for some fun weekend reading? Mums Take Five has a weekend Sunday Brunch that features posts from a range of diverse blogs. Plus, she’s got the recipe to a gorgeous Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake. Yum!
- Familiar with the different disabilities and their definitions you may face whilst working with kids? Here’s a quick breakdown by Nannyista.
- Craft supply getting low? Here’s how to make your own sidewalk chalk.
- Then again, not all kids like arts and crafts says The MultiTasking Mummy.
Happy weekend lovelies, enjoy it!