Have your children got a fun Easter Egg scavenger hunt coming up? If they’re involved in a few different activities, such as childcare, kindergarten, playgroup etc., chances are your little ones might have a few on the schedule.
So they’re going to need a cute little carrier to hold their colourfully wrapped chocolate treasures. This Easter Egg Hunt Carry Basket is seriously easy and a great little craft activity to fill in a quiet afternoon.
To Make: Easter Hunt Egg Baskets
Time: prep – 15 minutes, assembling – 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
1. Make or design your Easter egg decorations. Find ours here.
2. Lay your paper bag carrier on a flat surface.
3. Glue or stick your decorated Easter egg onto the middle of the bag. Variation: you could also paint or have the children draw their own designs onto the bag instead of using a pre-designed Easter egg decoration.
4. Then cut a strip of washi tape to the length of the bag and stick onto the top to create a line of pattern from one edge to the other.
5. Take your ribbon (any colour you like) and tie in a bow. Using double-sided tape (or masking tape doubled over) fasten the bow onto the top right corner of the basket on a slight angle.
6. Now take your glitter glue gun pen and carefully write the words “Happy Easter” onto your Easter egg and leave to dry. Ta-da you have a gorgeous colourful Easter Hunt Egg Basket.
We did this step last so that it was the final step in the method, meaning we’d have a finished product that would let us see the end result but also let us pack away the craft supplies and tidy up whilst waiting for it to dry. You could also write onto the Easter egg before Step 2 or in advance so that you needn’t be worried about smudging your work.
Pop on your arm and away you go in search of the Easter bunny and his eggs! This basket would also be a cute little party favour bag for an Easter themed party or if you’re giving little Easter gifts to your friends.
>>> Do you have an Easter egg hunt planned for the kiddos?