Joining our step into spring series today is the lovely Sheridan from Sheridan Anne, a home organisation, crafting, DIY and family centred blog. Sheridan has a “ready-made family”, is super knowledgeable on all things de-cluttering to sort out your life. She’s also pretty handy with a glue gun, a sewing machine or some pliers and loves scouting for a good bargain!
Step into spring with this easy do-it-yourself springtime centrepiece from Sheridan Anne, isn’t it just gorgeous!
A DIY Springtime Centrepiece
Thank you so much for having me Hope. I just love Spring. The “in-between” seasons are my favourite. I don’t know about you, but the warmer months bring a lot more entertaining, barbecues, and celebrations for my family. It seems to bring us all together.
This year I have been focusing on organising one area of my life and home at a time. I’ve been so successful at de-cluttering that I’m finally getting into the fun part; decorating around my house! I really wanted to make something different to decorate my outdoor table, something that no one else would have.
That’s how I decided to make this Springtime Centrepiece.
Cake Stand Lid/Bell Jar
Needle Nose Pliers
As an alternative to making your own wreath, you could purchase a crown of flowers from a cheap jewellery store to use instead. If you decide to go this route, you can pretty much skip to the seventh step, and it turns this 15 minute project into a 2 minute project!
1. Clip the ends of your flowers with the pliers so that they are separated from one another (not too short, you’ll want part of the stem to fix each flower into place).
2. Cut a bunch of 15cm lengths of floral wire with the pliers and put aside for when needed.
3. Begin arranging the flowers how you’d like them to display. I started by leaving some stems long and shaping them into a semi-circle then building on that basic structure.
4. Wrap other flowers around each other’s stems. If the wire in the stem of the flower isn’t strong enough to hold, this is where you will need to start twisting floral wire around the arrangement to hold it in place. Use your judgement on which areas need to be held by wire and which don’t need to be.
5. Continue this process until you make it all the way around the wreath. Once you are done, fill in any gaps with extra flowers. Wrap the structure in floral wire to secure all of the stems.
6. Wipe down your mirror and glass ware.
7. Place the wreath upside down into the bell jar or cake stand lid, followed by the mirror upside down.
8. Turn the whole thing the right way and place on the table.
Bonus points if you happen to have a cute little critter to join in on your centrepiece – I got this wire bird <<here>> from Kmart for $4!
| “And there you have it – a cute and unique Springtime Centrepiece that will brighten any table.”
I hope you enjoy this simple and effective project. If you’re inspired, why not put a little spring into your step and give this a go for your outdoor table. And don’t forget that to share with us your photos, tag Nanny Shecando and Sheridan Anne in your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ photo. Share your step into spring tips with the hashtag #stepintospring! Thanks for having me Hope!
Step into spring with this easy do-it-yourself springtime centrepiece from Sheridan Anne, isn’t it just gorgeous! Celebrating the arrival of spring all week on the blog. Featuring some great “step into spring” tips to ease you into the new season, with favourites from Money Mummy, Mums Take Five, Sheridan Anne, and Hunting For Lady Bugs.You’ll surely be inspired to put a little spring into your step! Join us, and tweet your favourite spring themed posts using #stepintospring.
The Step Into Spring Series:
Welcome To Spring
5 Ways To Spring Clean Your Finances
Spring Crafts: Pipe Cleaner Flowers
5 Easy Ways To Sort Out Your Superannuation For Spring
Chickpea Zucchini & Mint Patties Recipe
Spring Cleaning: A Caddy Of Homemade Cleaners